Biloxi residents are asked to report any damages to Community Development.

Have storm damage or flooding? We need to know

In Biloxi, the Community Development Department needs to know ASAP about any structural or flooding damage your property sustained in Hurricane Nate.

Property owners who have damage should call the city's Community Development Department to arrange for an inspection. Call (228) 435-6280 or email

Inspectors have conducted drive-by Hurricane Nate damage inspections of public and private property, but property may have sustained damage not visible from the street.

Said Community Development Director Jerry Creel: "In preparing the necessary damage assessment documents to submit to MEMA and FEMA, we want to ensure that all damage is included, and that no property owner who received flood or storm damage is left out. Because of the serious time pressure involved in the damage submittals, sometimes the windshield assessment performed by our inspectors does not identify interior damage, or damage to the rear of structures.

"This is why it is very important, for owners of commercial and residential structures that either flooded or received storm damage to notify our office. Call us now at (228) 435-6280."